Make-Ahead Sourdough Breakfast Casserole
With the option to make-ahead or bake right away, this egg casserole is the perfect recipe for hosting company or making ahead to bring to the cabin or camper.
- 1/2 lb low-sodium bacon sliced
- 1/2 lb turkey sausage
- 3 cups sourdough bread cubed
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced thin
- Heat oven to 400°F (if cooking right away). Generously spray a 9-inch x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 20-25 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Brown turkey sausage; drain.
- Assemble bacon, turkey sausage, sourdough bread, and vegetables in bottom of baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oregano, and black pepper. Pour over meat and bread mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese and green onions. Bake until a knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 90 minutes, or cover and hold in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours until ready to bake (400°F for ~90 minutes).
265 calories, 16g fat, 13g carbohydrates, 20g protein