Zucchini makes an excellent vehicle for any filling. Easily add your favorite pizza toppings to this hearty stuffed zucchini recipe. Suggestions include:
- green pepper
- black olives
Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats
This high-protein Italian stuffed zucchini recipe is less than 250 calories per serving and will be a new family favorite!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 14-oz jar pizza sauce
- 1 12-oz jar roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (or 6 slices of cheese)
- In a large saute pan, brown ground turkey over medium heat.
- While turkey is cooking, cut zucchini lengthwise, hollow with a spoon, and pierce flesh with a fork; place cut-side up into a 9-in x 11-in baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooked turkey, pizza sauce, chopped roasted peppers, tomato paste, and garlic powder. Mix well and spoon mixture into hollowed zucchini.
- Top with shredded or sliced cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
245 calories, 7g fat, 15g carbohydrates, 30g protein