- Top with a sprinkle of feta or goat cheese prior to serving.
- Add or subtract vegetables to match your preferences. This is a great recipe to disguise vegetables that are “past their prime.”
- Be sure to include the sun-dried tomatoes though – they are essential for the pizza flavor!
Pizza-Flavored Roasted Vegetables
This tasty, colorful recipe is a great way to introduce vegetables to the family! Leftovers make a nutritious addition to pasta dishes or homemade pizza.
- 1 zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 8 oz container mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup olives
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes *
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Chop vegetables into bited-sized pieces. Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl; toss to combine. Roast at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- *If using dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, hydrate in hot water for 15-20 minutes and drain before adding to vegetable mixture.
90 calories, 5g fat, 9g carbohydrates, 2g protein