This air fryer chicken sausage and brussels sprouts recipe comes together in a flash by using fully cooked chicken sausages in the air fryer. Crispy sprouts and tender chicken sausage makes this dish worth adding to your weekly dinner rotation!
I especially love to make this dish with my air fryer butternut squash recipe. Both recipes are quick and easy with minimal cleanup. And did I mention the air fryer chicken sausage recipe takes only 20 minutes?!
You can use any fully cooked chicken sausage in this air fryer recipe. I used Gilbert’s smoked gouda chicken sausages. I prefer Gilbert’s craft sausages because they are nitrite and nitrate-free and add a punch of flavor to any recipe.
The founders of Gilbert’s were inspired to make sausages after years of microbrewing together. Seriously, what pairs better than craft beer and craft sausages?! Forget the flowers, give this Midwestern girl beer and sausages. 🙂
Gilbert’s sausages are versatile and work great as a pizza topping, mix in with pasta or rice dishes, add to soups and stews, you name it. Fully cooked and 12 grams of protein on average, they’re always a staple on my grocery list.
Because the chicken sausages are fully cooked, the brussels sprouts require a bit of a head start for this recipe. I use the Gourmia 6 quart digital air fryer, and selected the “FRIES” preset.
The Gourmia FRIES preset defaults to a 400F temperature and 15 minute cook time with a reminder to “turn food” halfway through cooking. At the halfway point, I added the sliced chicken sausages.
The final product is absolutely delightful and makes for a super-duper simple and healthy weeknight dinner. Serve on its own or with a side dish such as air fried squash or a microwavable pouch of rice or pasta. Sprinkle with a bit of parmesan cheese and waa-laa! Dinner is served!
Air Fryer Chicken Sausages with Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb brussels sprouts ends trimmed & quartered
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 fully cooked chicken sausages
- Preheat air fryer while you prepare brussels sprouts.
- Add brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer brussels sprouts to air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- While the brussels sprouts cook, slice chicken sausages at a diagonal.
- Add chicken sausages to air fryer and toss to combine with brussels sprouts. Cook for an additional 7-8 minutes. *I used the "Fries" setting on my Gourmia digital air fryer which automatically defaults to a 15-minute cook time at 400 degrees and includes a reminder to toss food at the half-way point; this is when I added the chicken sausages.